Kenneth L. Newhouse Jr., USTCP, CPA, CITP, CGMA
Ken earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of South Carolina in 1999, and an Associates of Applied Science in Electronic Systems Technology in 2000 from the Community College of the Air Force. He spent 13 years with the South Carolina National Guard and Air Force Reserve as a computer and cryptographic systems technician. He has been in public accounting for more than 19 years providing professional services to various clients in a wide array of industries. In May of 2015 he was admitted to the bar of the US Tax Court, as a US Tax Court Practitioner after passing an exam that demonstrated his knowledge in the Tax Court Rules of Practice & Procedure, Federal Taxation, Federal Rules of Evidence, and Legal Ethics (including the Model Rules of Professional Conduct of the American Bar Association). Less than 300 Non-Attorneys have been admitted to the US Tax Courts since 1942.
In 2002 Ken was awarded the Air Force Commendation Medal for his meritorious service in developing a computer-maintenance training program. He has also received the President’s Award twice for his service to the South Carolina Association of CPAs in advancing their computer technology. From 2009 to 2013, Ken served as the Chair of the Financial Literacy Committee, where he worked to develop a presentation for the GED program and create a partnership with Junior Achievement to reach the youth of South Carolina. Ken has also been an instructor for South Carolina Association of CPAs continuing professional education seminars, as well as guest speaker to various trade and industry groups.
Ken is a native of South Carolina and was raised in the Greater Columbia area. He and his wife, Tina, live in Columbia with their two children, Ryan and Caroline. They are avid USC fans, and attend Riverland Hills Baptist Church.
- Tax Court Representation
- IRS Representation
- Litigation Support
- Real Estate
- Partnership Tax and Accounting
- S Corporation Accounting
- Like-kind Exchanges
- Multi-State Tax Issues
- Strategic Tax Planning
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Ken is a member of Tax & Technology Sections; as well as being a CPA Ambassador for the AICPA.
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants – Ken is currently serving on the Board of Directors, is a member of Tax Committee, and is also the Current Chair of the Governmental Affairs Committee. Previously, Ken served as the Past Chair of: the Information Technology Committee and the Financial Literacy Task Force. Ken was also a member of the CPE Committee.
- Former, SCBOS Business Advisory Board Member
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of South Carolina
- Associates of Applied Science in Electronic Systems Technology in 2000 from the Community College of the Air Force