John B. Beauston, CPA, CGMA
In 1992, John co-founded the firm now known as Moore Beauston Woodham LLP, which has since grown to become a statewide practice with offices in Hartsville, West Columbia, Greenville and Charleston.
Before Moore Beauston Woodham, John spent 12 years with a "Big Four" accounting firm with an emphasis in taxation. John has extensive experience in the subjects of Accounting and Taxation during his career and today works with businesses of all sizes. Examples of John’s Accounting and Tax expertise include the following:
- Tax Planning and Financial Planning for Individuals, Corporations, and Partnerships
- Estate Planning
- Tax Compliance
- IRS Representation
- Retirement Plans
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Valuations
- Exempt Organizations and Foundations
A native of the Lowcountry, John was born and raised in the Greater Charleston area. He earned a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 1979 and a Bachelor of Science in Accounting in 1981, both degrees from the University of South Carolina. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the SEC Practice Section and the South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (SCACPA), where he has previously served on the Taxation Committee. John presently serves on the Accounting Advisory Committee for Trident Technical College. John has also served on the Board of Directors of various Nonprofit Organizations in the Greater Columbia and Charleston areas.
John has been a presenter at AICPA and SCACPA continuing professional education seminars, as well as guest speaker to various industry groups on taxation matters and quoted in the Wall Street Journal in connection with individual tax planning.
- Tax planning, including advising on multi-state tax issues
- Managing all aspects of client services for the firm
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- SEC Practice Section
- The South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of South Carolina
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of South Carolina